Sony owns the Blu-ray technology...
I think its a combination of technology and competition. Blu-Ray dvd players are somewhat scarce in the high-volume retail stores. If lower-end brands become more accessible, I think you'll see companies like Sony drop their prices.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Sony owns the Blu-ray technology...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Circuit City is advertising only a few brands of blu-ray. They offer Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Panasonic, and LG.
Best Buy offers a couple of other brands, but Sony is their low end item at $399.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
If people are stupid enough to pay $500-$600 for a single blu-ray player then why not just purchase a PS3. You can utilize it for much more than just a blu-ray player. It can be utilized as a computer, video game console, blu-ray DVD player, you can store and view photos, videos, etc. Every person who walks out of the door with a $500 or more blu-ray player should get a swift kick in the rear with about 10 people standing around them pointing fingers at them and laughing.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If people are stupid enough to pay $500-$600 for a single blu-ray player then why not just purchase a PS3. You can utilize it for much more than just a blu-ray player. It can be utilized as a computer, video game console, blu-ray DVD player, you can store and view photos, videos, etc. Every person who walks out of the door with a $500 or more blu-ray player should get a swift kick in the rear with about 10 people standing around them pointing fingers at them and laughing.</div></div>
Endorsed.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UTVols2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you get a HD TV it is a must have, until then, no need to change. </div></div>
Hasn't been my experience. An upconverting player is fine with me.
I won't transition to high def. until I can no longer buy DVD's.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I am sure it is fine for an old fart like yourself with bad eye sight. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
There is very little difference between the HD programming I watch and an upconverted DVD.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
When you have a very good upconverting player that is true Bob. Heck, the Toshiba HDDVD player is probably the best upconverting player made.
Another reason to get the PS3 is because when you have it hooked up to your network, it will receive the automatic updates for the Bluray players. WHile actual bluray components are going to have issues in the near future and those manufacturers are going to have to issue a patch to fix it.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I'm very happy with my PS3 and the blu-ray player is great.
For those guy's that bought 360's and bought the HDDVD attachment.... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
You don't [censored] with Sony.
Bookmarks